All hail Helen!!

All hail Helen!!
Helen Carmona and your humble blogger

Monday, April 21, 2008

I can see this happening...

Remember, at the end of this season, the Yankees will have tons of cash to play with after Mussina, Giambi, Pettitte, and Damon come off the books. But will Hank Steinbrenner let Brian Cashman have the checkbook.................?

SCENE: Brian Cashman's office. The Yankee GM is on the phone when Hank Steinbrenner walks in, followed by Hal and another unidentified Yankee flunkie (Oppenheimer?)

BC: Hey, Hanky...

HS: You have to answer for Pavano, Brian. You signed him from the Florida people.

BC: (Looks scared; hangs up phone.) Hank, you got it all wrong.

HS: Ahhhhh... That mega-deal you signed with that loser. You think that would ever fool a Steinbrenner?

BC: (Rising from his chair.) Hank, I'm innocent. I swear on Phil Hughes.

HS: Sit down. (Cashman sits.)

BC: Please don't do this to me, Hank. Please don't.

HS: (Sitting.) Torre's gone. So is Mattingly. Mike Mussina. Gator. Giambi. This year I settled all team business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did. (Cashman starts sobbing.)

HS: (To Hal.) Get him a drink. (To Cashman.) Don't be afraid, Brian. Come on, you think I'd let you go do Baseball Tonight? I'm the new Boss. Go ahead. Drink. Drink. (Cashman drinks.)

HS: No, you're out of the New York end of the business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on the Amtrak to Trenton. Hal... (Hal hands Hank a train ticket.) I want you to stay there, you understand? (Cashman nods.) Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence, and it makes me very angry. Now, whose idea was it? Torre or Mattingly?

BC: It was Torre.

HS: Good. (Rises from his chair.) There's a car outside that will take you to the airport. I'll call your wife and tell her what flight you're on. (Cashman rises to put on his jacket.)

BC: Listen, Hank... (Tries to hug Hank.)

HS: Go on. Get out of my sight. (Exuent Cashman.)

SCENE: A limo. Reggie Jackson in the backseat, behind Cashman. Tino Martinez on the other side.

BC: Reggie.....

RJ: Hello, Brian. (The car pulls away, and Reggie pulls out a jock strap and pulls it down over Cashman's face...)

Cue the theme song: Wah.. Wah-wah... Wah-wah-wah......... Wah... Wah-wah... wah-wah.....

0 comments: